Specify requirements, use cases, test cases and more in one unified framework
Unified Framework for Specifications
CASE Spec provides a unified framework for requirements specification, use cases (with main/alternate flows), test cases (with test steps), and more. This framework enables complete lifecycle management and tracking of specifications.
You may create specifications with user-friendly trace graph or special specification editor. You may also use diagramming tools for supplementing textual specifications.
Specifications with Trace Graph
CASE Spec’s trace graph simplifies specifications creation and tracking. The trace graph allows you to:
- Create requirements specifications with hierarchical lists, use cases (with main flow and alternate flows), test cases (with test steps), and more in one unified environment.
- Identify specifications items automatically.
- Link specifications with parent-child relationships and/or peer-to-peer relationships.
- Share and track specifications effortlessly across numerous projects.
- Use Drag & Drop to rearrange items.
- Supplement specifications with tables, images, etc.
- Link specifications to a diagram or diagram element. UML diagrams (use case diagram, activity diagram, etc), flowcharts, and data flow diagrams may all be created with CASE Spec’s built-in diagram editor.
- Link files, external documents, and diagrams created with external tools to specifications.
- Import specifications from Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and other files.
- Manage specifications with standard and custom attributes.
- Easily establish trace links between requirements, use cases, bugs, test cases, test steps, etc.
Specifications with Standard Editor
Alternatively, you may use the CASE Spec’s standard specification editor for specification of requirements, use cases, test cases and more. You can accomplish everything explained in the above Specifications with Trace Graph section.
You may use the following two options to create diagrams:
External Diagramming Tool (like Visio)
When you create diagrams with external tools, you may store these in CASE Spec’s document management system and link specifications to the stored diagrams.
Built-in Diagramming Tool
You may create diagrams with CASE Spec’s built-in diagramming tool. Specifications can be linked to diagrams or diagram elements. The tool supports UML (use cases, activity, sequence, state machine, package, class, object, component) diagrams, data flow diagrams, flowcharts, and more.
Collaborate and Control Change
- Share, control access and update specifications without conflicts in your multi-user team environment.
- Attach comments and discussions to specifications.
- Send manual or auto-notifications to team members for specifications changes.
- Control change with automatic versioning, baselining and managing change requests.
- Track requirements’ change history and rollback to any previous version.
- Find impact of changes to specifications on the related artifacts by using impact analysis tools.
Document Generation and Reports
- Automatically generate specifications documents (e.g., SRS documents) with CASE Spec’s standard template.
- Create custom templates for documents and reports with our built-in tool.
- Generate grid reports by using drag and drop grouping, sorting, and custom column filtering.
- Generate pie and bar charts by priority, status, release, and source.
- Use the export utility to export data in XML, HTML, XLS, and CSV formats by using custom filters.